Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween!!!
Noah, Max and Sarah came trick or treating at our house! Emily, Noah and I raked a bunch of leaves in our front yard so we could play in them. The huge tree in our yard has dropped sooo many leaves its great. This huge pile is not even all of them.

Noah and Sarah had a great time playing in the leaves. I think Noah had a great time. He actually gave me a hug and a kiss when he left. It was so cute. Max played in the leaves too but he wasn't so sure about them.
Noah and I also picked our last pumpkin. Its the best looking pumpkin even if it is green, its huge!

After the Jarvis' left Emily and I carved our pumpkins. We decided to carve our pumpkins in our driveway because it was easier to clean up and it was so warm outside. It was funny we ended up carving similar pumpkins and we didn't even try.This is the front of our house. We had a Halloween Party so we had to decorate. I really like hanging spider webs they are so much fun. Emily also bought Halloween lights and it was great, so festive, oh and Kate hung ghosts in our tree.
This is my pumpkin. I gave him a uni brow but you can't really tell in this picture. Emily did a great job with her teeth they looked great.



Emily also made homemade root beer. We had to buy this little container to make it because Myriah was not around to sit on the lid like she did in the past. I thought the steam coming out looked pretty cool. I love homemade rootbeer its sooo good.

During our party we bobbed for apples. Erik is from our ward and was the first to go. Kate was awesome and dunked her whole head. I really like how Cathy put a towel on her head to protect her hair. We really had a lot of fun and laughed a lot.- Who knew it could be so entertaining.





Above is a picture of me and my friend Maggie. I was a postman from Brasil and she was Sarah Palin. Below is a picture of Kate (a puppy dog), Emily (I'm not sure if she ever had an official title but she looked awesome), and me again.


Here is a picture of us and our pumpkins. Kate didn't have time to decorate her pumpkin. Below is a picture of Emily dancing in the front yard or maybe she is flying because she has my awesome red cape on.


Emily really likes to catch her lucky leaf so she was waiting for that one lucky leaf to fall so she could catch it. Its amazing how many leaves have fallen off of our tree.

Here I am showing off my cool Brasilian post office shirt. Oh and I'm a Postwoman from southern brasil, thats why I have such great pants on.
We forgot to take a picture of our really cool table last night so I did it this morning. We had so much food: sugar cookies, spider cookies, blood eye cookies, 7 layer dip with pumpkin, spinach and artichoke dip, apples to dip in carmel and chocolate and lots and lots of candy. We ate soo much it was soo great and I ate soo much.


These are our spider cookies that we decided looked more like gobblins or swamp monsters. We grew up making these during the Christmas season but somehow Emily and I decided a couple of years ago to make them at Halloween and it stuck so now a new tradtion. This year I added red hots for eyes and they turned out great.

Here is a plate of our cookies. They are soo tasty!
Halloween was so great. I think holidays with kids are so much better and I am so glad that Sarah brought her kids over. I forgot to say that we had 4 trick or treaters, I guess people don't really like our street...so sad lots of kids missed out on great candy.

4 comments:

Myriah Cohen said...

What an excellent party!

Oh, it looks so good and I am sad to have missed it.

For me, this year was a bust: I sat on nothing but chairs.

If only I had some rootbeer to sit on...

Sarah Jarvis said...

hey, i am glad you like my kids and take such awesome pics of them. we like you lots too. Although sometimes, Noah likes you NOT :-)

sad to have missed the party but such is the life of a mother.

Smart Helm said...

what fun! I am so impressed with ur cookies... and u take great pictures. Thanks for sharing the fun.

WARNERS said...

How fun!! I really missed out though!