Saturday, August 20, 2011

August

August has been a very busy fun month.  The weather has been beautiful and eventually I will post about our trip to California but that means I have to go up to the desktop and pull up all the pictures and well that just hasn't happened yet. Maybe tonight.  We have had wonderful cherries for the last 2 months.  They are so good and a great price and we buy them from a lady that has a stand on the side of the road.  She gets the cherries from Yakima which is over the mountains and next week she will have peaches and more other good stuff!

The day we got back from California we went blueberry picking.  There is a free blueberry park and you can just pick and eat as many as you want.  Its so cool! 
We went with some friends and it was so much fun. 
This is Kade on our way back to the car.  Not sure if he just wanted to pick the flowers or he sat down because he was mad that he couldn't just wonder off.  Oh and check out his sweet nike's.  They were Jesse's shoes when he was little!

Here are some of the berries we picked.  I went again yesterday and got some more.  This year wasn't super great according to my friend but we were happy with what we got.


When Jill comes over its time for random pictures off the ipod.  Oh and most these pictures are off my ipod or Jesse's point and shoot. 

I took the Kade to a little fair last Saturday to see some animals and just get out of the house.  Jesse has been gone a lot so it was nice to get out and do something fun and different.  Above Kade is chekcing out the pig and her piglets.  There were a ton of piglets.

Then he got to pet a cow.  He was a little shy but then I would be too that cow was big.

For dinner we got expensive $4 corndogs but they were hand dipped and were so good.  We went and watched the horses while we had our dinner.

Kade truly is a boy he loves his cars and tractors and wheels.

They had all these different tractors set up and Kade was loving it.

I put him up on the tractor and he loved it. He thought he was so cool.

 

Look at hard he was concentrating.  It looks like he knew just how to drive a tractor.  He was not to happy when I took him down.

Then he got to go put on a fireman's uniform and hat and get up in a firetruck and take his picture.  He loved it and did not want to get out.  I'm pretty sure he threw a fit when we took him down.  He could have sat up there all day.
 
Check out this sweet find I got at a garage sale today.  It was a buck!!! yes $1!  Well the lady wanted $2 and I asked if she would take $1 and she did.  Merry Christmas Kade. I'm just going to hide it way for now. I was so excited about my find.

And her is my sewing closet which I love.  Jesse and I put up the wire shelves and when I say we I mean Jesse I did help hold them.  We then made the blue shelves to put my spools on.  I love being able to see what I have.  I have tons of brown and black.  I also loved that we used an old map to back it.  Then I hung my cutting mats and plastic cutting thingy.  I love how it all came together and when I don't want to see it I just close the doors.  Now to get motivation to sew and work on the rest of the house....or I'll just go enjoy the nice weather outside.

3 comments:

Erin Farrar said...

Your pictures are super cute. Kade is getting so big! I love all the tractor pictures! I wish I could have gone. I like your sewing set up. Now you can make me a new bag. Mine has started to rip a little.

Jamie Pearson said...

Hmm well i'll think about making you a new bag....I guess i will see you in just a few weeks.

bjahlstrom said...

Love your house! Love how big Kade is getting!